Ana Keshi Pearl Necklace
or 4 fortnightly payments of $37.25 with More info
A waterfall of freshwater pearl goodness, to frame your decolletage. Handmade with genuine freshwater pearls & 14k gold fill components on a 16 inch gold filled chain
- Chain length: 16 inch / 40 cm plus 1 inch extender
- Featuring 9-11mm keshi irregular pearls
- 18k gold filled chain, tarnish resistant, safe in water
- Handmade for you in a studio in Melbourne
Gold-filled is the closest alternative to solid gold. Gold filled jewelry has a thick layer of solid gold bonded onto the base layer, usually brass or sterling silver. Compared to gold plated which uses a process of electroplating that quickly dips your jewelry in gold, resulting in a miniscule layer of gold, gold-filled is much more durable and long lasting.
There are 3 basic levels of gold jewellery. Solid gold, gold-filled, and gold plated.
- Solid gold contains the most gold, with 24 karat gold containing 100% gold. Gold-filled jewelry typically contains 5% solid gold in weight, while gold plated contains about 0.001% solid gold in weight.
- The process of making gold filled jewelry is much different to gold plated jewelry. Gold plated uses an electroplating process that quickly dips your jewelry in gold. With gold-filled, the thick layer of gold is pressure bonded onto the base metal, resulting in a very strong and durable ‘plating’.
- Gold-filled lasts 10x more than gold plated, making it hypoallergenic for those who cannot wear gold plated. Longer life times mean you are also producing less waste and saving money over time from having to buy more cheap jewellery.