Hailey Double Pearl Starburst Hoops
or 4 fortnightly payments of $32.25 with More info
Out of stock
Hailey is playful, and she is not afraid to break boundaries. She loves being paired with our Trai hoops, for a layered pearl look. Featuring 14k gold fill elements and flex style hoops, she’s the perfect every day go-to for vintage souls & pearl lovers.
- Material: 14k gold fill, tarnish resistant, safe in water
- Length: 15mm hoop, 20mm drop & 8mm starburst charm
- Genuine freshwater pearls
- Flex hoop with secure click fasten
- Handmade for you in Melbourne
Gold-filled is the closest alternative to solid gold. Gold filled jewelry has a thick layer of solid gold bonded onto the base layer, usually brass or sterling silver. Compared to gold plated which uses a process of electroplating that quickly dips your jewelry in gold, resulting in a miniscule layer of gold, gold-filled is much more durable and long lasting.
There are 3 basic levels of gold jewellery. Solid gold, gold-filled, and gold plated.
- Solid gold contains the most gold, with 24 karat gold containing 100% gold. Gold-filled jewelry typically contains 5% solid gold in weight, while gold plated contains about 0.001% solid gold in weight.
- The process of making gold filled jewelry is much different to gold plated jewelry. Gold plated uses an electroplating process that quickly dips your jewelry in gold. With gold-filled, the thick layer of gold is pressure bonded onto the base metal, resulting in a very strong and durable ‘plating’.
- Gold-filled lasts 10x more than gold plated, making it hypoallergenic for those who cannot wear gold plated. Longer life times mean you are also producing less waste and saving money over time from having to buy more cheap jewellery.